Roseman University’s dental simulation course will give pre-dental students the unique hands-on opportunity to experience both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of dental school. Our 2-day simulation course aims to teach students the importance in treating the patient as a whole. Students will not only learn and practice new skills in our simulation lab, but will also be introduced to diagnosing, treatment planning, patient charting, and radiograph evaluation.
In addition to experiencing our new state-of-the-art facility, pre-dental students will also participate in a Q&A panel with current Roseman dental students, as well as enjoy a dinner with the talented faculty and deans of our university. Students will also learn about various military dentistry and scholarship opportunities as well as how to become involved with the American Student Dental Association, ASDA, as a pre-dental member.
Each course is limited to 80 students. The cost of the course is $200 which includes continental breakfast and catered lunch both days, with dinner provided Friday evening.
During the simulation course, participants will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Be introduced to key concepts in dental anatomy
- Study an actual patient case and learn essential aspects of treatment planning and radiographic interpretation
- Complete a partial wax-up of a central incisor
- Make alginate impressions
- Pour and trim stone casts
- Use a high-speed handpiece to practice preparations on a learn-a-prep block and prepare a class I and class V prep on ivorine teeth
- Fill cavity preparations using composite
- Participate in a Q&A with current Roseman CODM students
- Learn about military dentistry and scholarship opportunities
- Learn about the American Student Dental Association and ways to get involved as a pre-dental student
- Receive a certificate of completion for Roseman University CODM’s dental simulation course
Participants will also have the opportunity to:
- Meet Dr. Frank Licari, Dean of the College of Dental Medicine of Roseman University
- Meet the Associate Deans of Admissions, Academic and Clinical Affairs
Sim Course registration is now CLOSED.
Please check back for 2015 Sim Course dates.
Feel free to email us at DENTALSIMCOURSE@Roseman.edu with any questions you may have.